Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday August 29, 2007

My wife and I visited the association of handicapped young ladies and brought them our monthly support. We chat with them for a minutes to find out what they are up to. 2 of them passed the official high school state exam and 1 failed. The new school year is around the corner.

We had a great bible study with the street kids in Petion-Ville. There were more than 50 kids and we divided them as usual into 2 groups, the small kids together and the teens together. I continued with Mathew chapter 5 with them. It is amazing how these kids are interested in learning about God and the Bible. One example is that while talking about the Law and Pharisees, I asked them if they remember who a Pharisee was. After explaining to me in their own term that they are people keeping the law one of the kid said the difference between a Pharisee and a Saduccee is that the latter does not believe there a Heaven nor a Hell. Oh, that was music to my hear. They shared their struggle with me as they try to please God on the streets: hard be blessed by being a peacemaker. I encourage them to be patient as God continues to do a great work in their lives.

No comments: