Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back to Haiti Saturday August 19, 2007

My wife and I had a wonderful time in Melbourne FL in our home church. It is great to sit back relax and be ministered to by P Mark Balmer, pastor of CC Melbourne. So many brothers and sisters loved on us. People in Haiti say that I have gained weight while in the states. I know I ate like a p.
I also had the privilege of being ordained by my senior pastor at Calvary Chapel Melbourne. God has a sense of humor: my wife vowed as a young lady to never a pastor and I used to get mad when people used to call me pastor a few years ago. I guessed they saw something that I was running from.

We also had a wonderful time in Kansas City KS where we visited our new friends from IICS and old friend Jim Ross who has been a missionary in Haiti for the past 14 years.

We got to PAP late last Saturday because of flight delay but we made ok. We had to cancel Sunday morning service because of Dean. However, my friend Edy said that did not want to leave me unoccupied on a Sunday and that's why I spent hours Sunday afternoon in the hospital with a friend whose son had an asthmatic attack.
Being in the hospital was heart breaking. There were so many kids who needed care and no doctors except for some interns from the state medical school. In the hallway were dead bodies of kids who have been there since the day before. The entire scene was hard to take, to say the least. I don't want to go into details here. Be praying for the Pediatric at the state hospital, the hospital in general, our main hospital here. I learned that the Pediatric was the best department of the hospital, hard to imagine considering what I saw.